Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Dont buy Sylvania Silverstars

ransley wrote:
I own a 2002 Volvo, the one that keeps your lights on whenever the car
runs. Problem is, in 5 years all factory lights have worked till last
year when I replaced one burnt out headlamp with a SilverStar. The
Silverstar has since been replaced with yet another silverstar, and
now a regular bulb. In one year, 2 Silverstars lasted 6 months each,
with only 9000 miles of driving. I went back to regular bulbs. I did
not touch or scratch the bulb on removal or instalation, Silverstars
just cant do the hours needed.

I don't know about that. I've had the same set of Silverstars in for about 4
years now in my Taurus.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com