Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

In article ,
Ignoramus18705 wrote:
BTW, I agree with you and others on the maintenance necessity
regarding desoldering stations. The difference in performance between
a well-maintained machine and a neglected one is staggering. I'd add
to all the other comments that a fresh tip there works wonders, too.
I like to do a regular shotgun routine frequently on my Hakko:

Are all desoldering tips (such as 1/8" tips) compatible? I need to buy
a few and am a little confused about brand compatibility.

Heh heh - even Pace tips ain't compatible across model ranges. Think they
use Microsoft for design work.

--
*A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.