Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default solar garden lights

On 31 Jan, 15:11, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Roger Mills" wrote in message

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

I don't know whether anyone makes any which use LEDs to produce
light. If so, they might have a *bit* more of a chance.

Ours all have LEDs.

Mary

Maybe the *all* do in that case? But they're *still* pretty useless - at
any rate, ours are!

shrug

It depends what you want them for. We're happy with ours and there re no
alternatives.

Mary

Dismantled a non working one for a friend. Yes, its a small LED and a
Ni Cd cell (probably the cheapest the manufacturer could get !). I
didn't particularly investigate the charging configuration but memory
says it wasn't anything more than a resistor. So as others have said,
in winter you're going to get b****r all anyway and in summer you'll
get enough light to show where the lamp is until the cell gets fed up
with the crude charging (and discharging!) arrangement and stops
working.

Rob