Posted to uk.d-i-y
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default solar garden lights

In message , Roger Mills
writes
leedsbob wrote:

Can anyone reccoment some solar garden lights that actually do give
off some light,i bought some cheapies from buy and queue and i should
have just set fire to a tenner and saved the journey,i dont mind
forking out for some good quality as it is a lot easier than laying
cable etc,thanks folks

These things are rather constrained by the laws of Physics. Unless you have
massive photocells you need a *lot* of sunshine (or good daylight at any
rate) to charge up the batteries to drive the lamps when it's dark. The
better ones manage a bit of light in mid-summer, but this time of year -
forget it!!

I don't know whether anyone makes any which use LEDs to produce light. If
so, they might have a *bit* more of a chance.

I've mostly given up on the cheap ones I bought from Homebase several
years ago but they use two LEDs each. One was still managing a faint
glow for a couple of hours yesterday evening.

--
Si