Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19508 Ignoramus19508 is offline

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

On 2008-01-31, Don Foreman wrote:
None of those little solder suckers compare to a real properly
functioning desoldering station. When I spent a summer working at a
fiends stereo repair shop we had the Hako deoldering stations and I
could desolder blown output modules faster than you could even uncoil
your solder wick.

Bet you didn't pay for the desoldering station, though.

Wick is my go-to for surfacemount, the Soldapullt for thru-hole and
terminals. If production were an issue, revenue would buy
best-available tools. These get 'er done for me.

I paid for mine, I believe it was $470 for two PACE stations.