Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Water won't get hot

On Jan 29, 10:24*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:26:41 -0700, "Bob M." wrote:
"pheo" wrote in message

I checked the water heater and the cold is connected to cold and hot
to hot, so unless it was manufactured wrong, that is not the problem.
I would think the service guy would have thought of the dip tube, but
maybe not.

I am glad to know though, that moving it is a waste of time. I guess
I'll be checking on new WH.

Before you bother with a new water heater, try to find out if you still have
a dip tube. Yours may have been made during the time that dip tubes
disintegrated due to a change in the formula for the plastic. *Dip tube =
$10, water heater = $200 plus.

$200?? Damn. Where you getting them.
50 gal gas is almost double that here.
Then its gotta be installed.
Bubba- Hide quoted text -

Isn't this a DIY newsgroup? Installation is free! g