Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

Bob La Londe wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Bob La Londe wrote:
Two words.

Solder wick.

You don't have a proper desolder tool, then? ;-)

I have several solder suckers. In close quarters sometimes solder wick does
the trick, and it always works. I've got one of those big blue nasty
things, and a couple of smaller aluminum solder suckers. In close quarters
I still find myself reach for the solder wick.

None of those little solder suckers compare to a real properly
functioning desoldering station. When I spent a summer working at a
fiends stereo repair shop we had the Hako deoldering stations and I
could desolder blown output modules faster than you could even uncoil
your solder wick.