Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article _08oj.16738$8i.11504@trndny09,
James Sweet wrote:
Snag with both of those is two hands needed - which usually means
rigidly mounting the work piece.

Not with the suction bulb desoldering iron, I'm not sure how you'd use
it two handed if you wanted to..

I've not used one but I'd have thought trying to hold it steady on the
joint while operating the bulb with one hand might be a tad tricky?

Not at all, you hold it in your hand with your thumb on the bulb, it's
really easy to use. I'd rather have a vacuum operated desoldering station
but this fits in my toolbox. Only real trick is to keep a fresh tip on it,
when they wear out they don't get a good seal.

http://projects.jheiv.com/images/blo...ing%20Iron.jpg