Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

In article CB4oj.962$Be.475@trndny04,
James Sweet wrote:
A solder sucker ain't the same as a desolder station. Of course solder
wick is useful but the desolder station works for pretty well
everything here. But probably too large an investment for occasional
use.

A good compromise are those suction bulb desoldering irons, I've used
one for probably 15 years now. I never had any luck at all with the
separate solder suckers, it's too hard to apply heat and suction at the
same time. I keep wick around too, neither is a one size fits all
solution.

Snag with both of those is two hands needed - which usually means rigidly
mounting the work piece.

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.