Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] 19LCE81@gmail.com is offline

Default Thermal Cutoff...?

Hi,
I have a wall wort that is 120v. In and 24VAC out that stopped working
the
other day...
I pulled the caseing apart and found that all it is,is a small
transformer,
so I checked continuity on the secondary side and it checked good.
I checked the continuity on the primary and it showed open so I
carefully
started to disect that side and across the turns was a small device I
just found
out through Google is a Thermal Cutoff(It is marked "Aupo A4-1A
130*c").

I found a site that said to test the thermal cutoff all that is needed
is to
check for continuity and if open it is no good.
Well it has no continuity so I am assuming it is bad,but my question
is...

Is the Thermal Cutoff really needed?
The wall wort goes to one of those real small fountains that make fog
and lights that change color.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You