Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:36:27 -0700, "Kevin"
wrote:

maybe another way to look at it is..

everyone cloned the Bies...

Yep

noboby cloned the Uni.. (though it may be under tight enough patents)

Much, much more expensive to tool up. Most biese clones use off the
shelf structurals with very little post processing. Unifence has
expensive dies, machining fixtures, and machine tools for the body,
porthole extrusion dies for the guide and fence.

or.. Delta bought Bies..

Yep, gave Delta the best two fence systems at the time.

pound for pound, I'm probably going to lean towards the Bies...

Good choice

but I have photos of the saw w/ uni and mmm.mmmm.. sure looks nice..

Another good choice.

haha..

Frank