Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus Artemus is offline

Default a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis

"Kevin" wrote
What about drilling 5 or 6 1/4" holes in the fence for afixing sacrificial
fences, etc?

I was thinking to do that with my Bies also, but never got around to it. I
was going to imbed inserts.

I was going to do that to my Bies too, but procrastination won out and
then Rockler came out with these:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...=fence%20clamp
They work great and are easily moved from one aux fence/jig to another. The
only minor gripe I had was that when attached to a Bies the screw and knob
stick waay out away from the fence. I cut off the knob and some of the screw
then used locktite to secure new threaded knobs to the screw. Now I just need
to find some clamp pads which will fit so the metal cups don't dig into the Bies.
Art