Posted to rec.woodworking
dicko dicko is offline

Default a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:37:04 GMT, "George" wrote:

"dicko" wrote in message
.. .

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...=fence%20clamp

And that really works with the Unifence's curved backside?

-dickm

If you put the matching fill strip in place, certainly. Though the fence is
really made to use these things, as memory serves.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...lter=t%2Dtrack or at least
the design referenced modified to be held with T-track stuff.

Ok, maybe this explains my confusion. What matching fill strip???????
Am I missing some pieces?

Is this something that comes with the fence or the clamps?

I've been wrestling with this ever since I got the saw. I watch Norm
on TV and he has all these neat jigs and such that he attaches to his
Beisemeyer fence and I just never saw how to do that kind of stuff
with my Unifence. So maybe this is a good reason to get the Beis,
you dont have to mess around to attach a sacrificial fence to it.

-dick