Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Huge changes in eBay feedback

On Jan 30, 9:20*am, Wes wrote:
Nick Mueller wrote:
Wes wrote:

There are a lot of HSM machine tools purchased via Ebay sales in the USA
and Canada.

And a lot even wear white T-shirts!

Nick

Nick,

I think something got lost in the translation there. *Ebay was the pathway
for my Series 1 Bridgeport, the Clausing 6903, Troke 12" rotary table and a
variety of minor stuff. *As much as I have issues with Ebay I doubt I'd have
a home shop without them.

Wes

I too have used Ebay to find items that I would never have gotten
otherwise...I do not have the time to atttend every garage sale,
auction or flea market in the country.

I have noticed that the selection of what has been offered on Ebay has
dropped significantly and the quality of the sellers along with the
selection.

One side effect that I have noted is at the pawn shops, garage sales
and personal offerings I do visit the sellers assume that an Ebay
price is the pricing floor to work from. As I point out to them, if
that is the case then go ahead and post it on Ebay and then I will
bid...and you get to take the risk and the additional cost of time and
money to do so.

At serveral surplus locations that I frequent, I note that there is
always a gathering of Ebayers who attempt to scoop up anything
saleable. They are not welcomed by the rest of those who are there to
reuse the items in their shops and more than once I have seen very
heated discussions concerning their practices.

TMT