Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dadamccarthy@gmail.com is offline

Default Thermostat Issues.

On Jan 30, 9:16*am, wrote:
On Jan 30, 9:03*am, wrote:

On Jan 30, 8:00*am, wrote:

On Jan 30, 3:14*am, bud-- wrote:

wrote:
On Jan 29, 5:25 pm, "RBM" wrote:
My guess is that the thermostat is turning the burner off at the desired
temperature, but the blower runs independently of the thermostat and will
continue to blow until the hot air is gone

I agree that sounds reasonable. The OP could check if the burner is off
when the temp is over 68.

Raising the house temp from the set 68 all the way to 74? * *Never
seen a furnace capable of doing that.

.
Sure seems like a lot.

I'd re-read the installation instructions and re-check the wiring,
though I can't see how incorrect wiring would result in that behavior
either.

Also, remove the batteries and let it sit for awhile or follow
whatever total reset procedure there is in the manual. *

Maybe the digital thermostat runs on Microsoft Windows.

It's possible
there is a heat anticpator type setting that is whacked out. *Did you
by chance adjust any setting when hooking it up?

I agree that if there is an adjustable anticipator that has not been
set, that could be the problem. The anticipator is to avoid overshoot.