Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking, sci.engr.joining.welding, sci.electronics.repair
Ignoramus19508 Ignoramus19508 is offline

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

On 2008-01-30, Brent wrote:
I use the same solder station family. and am very familliar with a
bunch of the handles and their construction

the axial hole solder tips feed up into pyrex glass tube with a filter
and a wavy little peice of metal and a filter element in it within the
solder handle itself

Exactly.

the used solder never leaves the handle. It needs periodic cleaning

Thake the point where the vacuum hose meets the handle push down on it
and ot the left and it should remove itself and the glass tube for
cleaning

teh solder builds up within the tube or at the end of the iron within
the tube usually.

all the buildup can usually be bushed free with a nylon brush and the
small cylinder filter within the glass tube will likely need a
replacement

this is likely your iron or the handle construction will be similar

http://www.paceworldwide.com/documents/SX-70.pdf check page 12 for a
diagram

or

http://www.paceworldwide.com/manuals.asp

all the pace "sensatemp" type irons are cross compatible and as such i
always keep an eye open for the hot air iron, the tweezers and the
large IC vacuum handles to add on my own bench on the existing
supplies

I think that I would like to find Cirk-Grind device and also should
buy more tips. This is actually a very nice station if I get it to its
potential. I do have a manual for it also.