Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default New Nova will be here tonight!

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:34:58 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

The vacuum setup is very strange... a bearing on a tube that just slides into
the handwheel and a hose slides onto that??
I'm sure used to way more exotic setups! lol

It is made for a vacuum cleaner hookup. I took a male quick connect
and ground off the threads enough that it would fit inside, then
epoxied it in place. Very quick hookup to the vacuum pump. I mounted
the switch for the vacuum pump in a metal box with a strong magnet
glued to the back. This sits on the back of the headstock in easy
reach. The vacuum gauge sticks on the front over the digital readout,
again, with a magnet.

I wondered about that, but like no vacuum cleaner nozzle that I've seen...
I Mickey Moused it for now... I found a couple of old hoses from the wife's POS
power painter and the outside OD of the hose is a pretty good match with the
inside of the vac connector..
I got lucky on the other end, too.. the inside OD of the hose just fits on the
barb fitting that I was using in my shop-built rotary valve..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing