Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst N Hurst is offline

Default a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis

On Jan 30, 1:45 pm, dicko wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:54:22 GMT, "George" wrote:

"dicko" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:53:56 -0600, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

snip
Biesmeyer is ...... A little easier to attach feather boards, space
blocks and temporary sacrificial faces to the Biesemeyer.
snip

So just how do you attach feather boards, spaceblocks, and sacrificial
faces to a Unifence?

I have a Unifence and thats the most exasperating thing about it. Its
got that damned curved backside that prevents you from clamping
anything to it.

-dickm

You consider that a cute handle?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...=fence%20clamp

And that really works with the Unifence's curved backside?

-dickm

When I was researching Bies vs Uni for my fence purchase last year, a
lot of folks said that they preferred the Unifence with the Uni-T-
Fence from T Track USA to a Bies fence. I have no experience with it,
but for $90, you can get enough Uni-T-Fence to give you a nice regular
fence and a little extra to trim off and use for a cutoff fence or
something similar.

http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm

-Nathan