Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Huge changes in eBay feedback

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:14:31 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:41:28 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

* * * Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an
unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

I find this very amusing considering the poor behavior I have had to
put up with from a number of Ebay sellers.

I note that Meg is leaving, Ebay is failing in China and now they are
dropping their listing fees to drum up business...all indicators that
Ebay is losing its luster.

Considering that buyers are the ones who supply the cash that makes
Ebay run, I look forward to their pain increasing.

TMT

Ebay is losing its luster, because of the greed of many sellers.

Im speaking of outragious shipping and handling fees.

That's because it costs more in eBay fees when the shipping is low and
the value of the item is high. I can understand why sellers moved to
that style of listing but can't understand why eBay let it happen.
I was going to switch to Online Auction, but they don't have the
volume, the selection, or the cheap vendors that are found on eBay.

I found a local lady who'll sell all my used books for me (200+ and
counting) so I don't have to bother. She's a PowerSeller on eBay.

Listing fees will be dropping but final value fees will be going up 3%
to pay for it. eBay won't be losing any money, I don't think.

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.