Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default Ebay - charging per mile for delivery, do you charge for journey in both directions?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:13:59 -0000, "mark"
wrote:

wrote in message
Sorry if this is not the right forum.....but I'm sure you'll have an
opinion

I'm selling a fireplace on Ebay and offered to deliver 'locally' for
£1 per mile.
Before the auction ends somebody has asked if I would deliver to her
address which is 15 miles away according to AA website so I thought I
would charge £15 , however a colleague has said I should charge £30 as
the full journey will be 30 miles.

Any thoughts?

You must have very little integrity to even consider this scam. You are not
delivering anything on the return journey.

That really is garbage. Likely, the entire journey is undetaken for the sole
purpose of delivering the fireplace. IF the seller had other business, he MAY
choose to suggest he'll only charge half rate.

I know a guy who chauffeurs for a living and he's delighted if he can arrange a
return passenger because it's effectively double money.