Posted to uk.d-i-y
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default Ebay - charging per mile for delivery, do you charge forjourney in both directions?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:13:59 +0000, mark wrote:

wrote in message

Sorry if this is not the right forum.....but I'm sure you'll have an
opinion

I'm selling a fireplace on Ebay and offered to deliver 'locally' for £1
per mile.
Before the auction ends somebody has asked if I would deliver to her
address which is 15 miles away according to AA website so I thought I
would charge £15 , however a colleague has said I should charge £30 as
the full journey will be 30 miles.

Any thoughts?

You must have very little integrity to even consider this scam. You are
not delivering anything on the return journey.

But the sole reason for the journey - BOTH directions - is the delivery.
So why not charge for it?

£1/mile seems a bit steep - but if that's what it said before she rang
you, she's obviously happy enough with that rate.