Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Ebay - charging per mile for delivery, do you charge for journey in both directions?

In uk.d-i-y, wrote:
I'm selling a fireplace on Ebay and offered to deliver 'locally' for
£1 per mile.
Before the auction ends somebody has asked if I would deliver to her
address which is 15 miles away according to AA website so I thought I
would charge £15 , however a colleague has said I should charge £30 as
the full journey will be 30 miles.

Any thoughts?

I'd ask for £15 in this instance. You obviously think it's a fair price,
and double that would presumably be excessive.

In any future auction it would be wise to make it clear that the cost is
for a one-way journey, so that you don't put off buyers who might think
like your colleague.

--
Mike Barnes