Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default Huge changes in eBay feedback

ABOUT TIME! The feedback system has been broken for years. I don't even
remember the last time a seller didn't hold me hostage, demanding I leave
him feedback first. If I neg him, of course he will then neg me. Why should
I get a negative feedback? As a seller, my part is to furnish my shipping
information and to pay up. Period. Over time, the concept of feedback has
become meaningless, which has led to the general degradation of ebay itself.

This move is obviously done because ebay is desperately trying to regain its
former prominence. Only time will tell if they succeed. They have sucked so
hard for so long that it'll be really hard to get some people back into the
habit of listing items for sale there.

Grant

Ignoramus1782 wrote:

Now sellers will only be able to leave positive feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/...tml?ov=004KM#2

Feedback Changes
The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest,
accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service
includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our
sellers.

* Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
* Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback
from the same buyer per week.)
* Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your
Feedback percentage.
* When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process
the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction
will be removed.
* When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral
Feedback will be removed.
* Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral
Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage
communication.
* All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days
today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage
abuse.
* Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an
unpaid item or commit other policy violations.