Posted to uk.d-i-y
petek petek is offline

Default Toaster Testing

On 29 Jan, 16:05, wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:23:22 -0000, "Graham." wrote:

"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
An electrician shows the advantage of an RCD ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwaQU5vN4z0

Adam

Does anyone with a long memory remember James Burke on Tommorows
World demonstrating an early ELCB by touching an exposed live terminal?

Cannot remember that but I do recall a demonstration of some water
repellant sprayed liberally into an electric drill.
It may not have been T/World and the demonstration was not undertaken
by a TV presenter. They looked on while the chap demonstrating the
product held the drill running underwater in an aquarium.It did not
have any fish in it.

G.Harman

I remember the electric drill demonstration also. I'm sure it was
Tomorrows World which I used to watch regularly. I remember being
absolutely amazed and still cannot understand how the "water
repellant", if that's what it was, worked, and why it was never
developed commercially. Does anyone have any ideas?

Pete K