Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Solar Panal info req for domestic use

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:05:44 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be Ed
Sirett wrote this:-

With a solar assisted HW system the
possibility for errors are greater still.

Yes and no. It depends on the design. In particular, as I have said
before, some solar controllers will also control a boiler. They will
suppress boiler output if there is solar input and storage is above
a minimum temperature. Instead of controlling the boiler directly
such a controller can control the heating of a hot water cylinder.
Once set up such controllers can be left alone, unless the household
contains a fiddler.

Of course such a system involves more work and so at the moment
tends to be more a DIY option.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh