Posted to alt.home.repair
spammer spammer is offline

Default Different answers form different contractors including HomeDepot!! Moisture/insulation problem

On Jan 29, 9:09*pm, "chrisc" wrote:

The windows are new gas filled. But, I held a kleenex along them on a very
windy day and there are drafts. Could this be causing the moisture (bad
windows)?.

This one's easy. When they replaced your windows, they didn't use
spray foam in the gaps between the window and the rough frame. (those
gaps where shims are inserted) Removing the trim around the window
and spraying the foam in those gaps will take care of that
condensation. Of course put the trim back.

Chances are that the bottom of your attic insulation is soaked and
you'll need to remove and replace it. Dry wall ceiling probably is
too.
I've never heard of too much ridge ventilation. The whole point of
soffit and ridge ventilation is to suck air from the soffit up to the
ridge vent to keep air moving so moisture won't build up.
I would recommend a reliable insulation contractor to look into the
attic crawl space.