Ned Simmons

Default New Chinese mill vs old high quality mill

In article ,
says...
Ned Simmons writes:

See my earlier comment on the specific gravity of Turcite
B. The higher density would be consistent with a metal
filled PTFE.

Say, have a look at:

http://www.busakshamban.us/pdf/mds_t47.pdf

Turcite T47 == Bronze-filled PTFE w/ sp gr 3.02 to 3.14.

Makes you wonder why they're right out front with this and
there's so little info on the composition of Turcite B.

Lots more he

http://www.busakshamban.us/ref_library_global.htm?print=1

Seems the trademark "Turcite" applies to anything, pure PTFE, UHMW-PE,
bronze-filled, graphite-filled, carbon fiber, etc.

That's not too unusual. One of the best references on the
common engineering plastics I have is put out by Erta. They
list properties of acetal, various nylons, PET, etc., but
they're all called Erta(something).

Ned Simmons