Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Huge changes in eBay feedback

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
news:wyQnj.4586$ar6.4134@trnddc07...

"Mark Rand" wrote in message

I can't help feeling that the underlying problem has always been that
people
(from day one) left positive feedback for ordinary transactions. If the
standard had been neutral feedback, with positive reserved for
exceptional
performance, then feedback might actually be worth the electrons it was
written with.

Absolutely. eBayers who leave ridiculously positive feedback because the
transaction was completed without resorting to violence further ruined the
process.
I would like to see the feedback categories separated- I don't give a damn
about the positives or neutrals- let me quickly see the negatives (most
are petty whining) so I can decide whether or not to do business with an
individual.

-Carl

And don't you love those that were made with all the symbols that looked
like ivy or some fancy design? Someone actually had the time to sit there
and enter all those things from a character map when they could have said
their piece in six words.

I'm with you. When I look over someone's feedback history, I scan 100 to a
sheet, and look to see what the negatives say. That's the only thing of
interest.

Steve