Ned Simmons

Default New Chinese mill vs old high quality mill

In article ,
says...
Ned Simmons writes:

Rulon 142, which is claimed to be a direct replacement for Turcite B

is
definitely *not* just PTFE.

So what is it, then?

-Rulon 142 not an insulator
http://www.rulon-
meldin.com/Data/Element/Node/ProductLine/product_line_edit.
asp?ele_ch_id=L0000000000000001708

-It's "TURQUOISE in color with a bronze tint."
http://www.boedeker.com/rulon_p.htm

-"Rulon ® is the Saint Gobain Performance Plastics
tradename for a family of reinforced proprietary PTFE
compounds."
http://www.boedeker.com/rulon_p.htm

-It's specific gravity is higher than any plastic I'm aware
of.

All admittedly circumstantial evidence, but I'd have to say
it's most likely a metal filled PTFE. Taking into account
the color and the Turcite B MSDS, probably a copper based
filler.

Ned Simmons