Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermostat Issues.

On Jan 29, 5:25*pm, "RBM" wrote:
My guess is that the thermostat is turning the burner off at the desired
temperature, but the blower runs independently of the thermostat and will
continue to blow until the hot air is gone

Raising the house temp from the set 68 all the way to 74? Never
seen a furnace capable of doing that.

I'd re-read the installation instructions and re-check the wiring,
though I can't see how incorrect wiring would result in that behavior
either.

Also, remove the batteries and let it sit for awhile or follow
whatever total reset procedure there is in the manual. It's possible
there is a heat anticpator type setting that is whacked out. Did you
by chance adjust any setting when hooking it up?

wrote in message

I have a oil furnace and have recently replaced the older dial
thermostat with a digital thermostat. The problem I am having is that
at times the furnace will not turn off when the desired temp is
rached, ie, the thermostat is set at 68 but the furnace will run until
it is 74. I thought that maybe air from inside the walls was causing
the thermostat to read a different temp so i caulked the holes but am
still having the problem. *Help!- Hide quoted text -