Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water won't get hot

On Jan 29, 3:57*pm, Jerry wrote:
On Jan 29, 12:44*pm, pheo wrote:

Does this make sense? Should I really move the heater?

Before you do anything else, Google "dip tube".

Jerry

Since it has been that way for 10 years, right from the start, I'd
agree with DerbyDad that it's more likely that it was installed with
the hot and cold lines reversed. Now how anyone could put up with it
that way all these years is beyond me. If it's not reversed, then
missing dip tube is next suspect. Definitely nothing to do with the
furnace exhaust being eliminated and the chimney now being used only
by the water heater.