Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default GFI for whirlpool tub

These units come with cords and plugs attached to them and are U.L.
approved. The outlets you install for them are located under the tub,
totally inaccessible without removing the access panel. Another approach is
what John Grabowski recommends, faceless GFCI's, but you still have to
install outlets under the tub, as that's how they're designed to be
connected

wrote in message
On Jan 29, 7:10 am, "RBM" wrote:
Yes you can. Run the two circuits to the location under the tub where the
support equipment is located and install a large deep two gang box with
two
GFCI outlets in it , one for the pump and one for the heater

wrote in message

I am installing a whirlpool bathtub.The instructions say I have to
plug the pump into a 15a 110v seperate circuit protected with GFCI,
and the heater into a 15a 110v seperate circuit protected with gfci.I
take it I have to run wires to my main service box.I notice that gfci
circuit breakers are very expensive.Can I just install regular circuit
breakers and hook them up to gfci sockets by my bathtub.
Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Isn;t there something in the code that says permanently mounted
equipment can't be on a plug/cord/outlet arrangement? And doesn't
that apply here?