Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin John Grossbohlin is offline

Default Compound angle Box Joint

"Snog" wrote in message
| Wow guys Thanks for the advice - I will be using the Table saw and
| "keep going until you
| get it the way you want" as JT said. This is to be a tray as gift for
| a doctor that did a good job on me with some router inlay in the
| middle.
| One thing I figgerd out is that the Saw Blade needs to be
| tilted...anyone agree?
| Thanks Snogger

Just tilting the blade will not do it... in addition to that the wood has to
lean so that the depth of cut is consistent with the angle on the end of the
board... Did you see the sketch of the jig I posted on ABPW? That shows the
two different dimensions in space that you need to consider.

John