Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis

been looking for a good used cabinet saw

two have come my way

2003 unisaw w/ 52" unifence
2003 unisaw w/50" bies

both are priced about the same..

I have a Delta contactors w/ 40" home shop bies. I like the bies, but have
never worked with a unifence.

Is there a dollar point where you'd take one over the other? I assume it's a
commercial bies, but not sure yet. I have pics of the unifence - looks like
new.

The rails on the unifence look like all Aluminum. Is that a pro or con?

I guess I need to run down to the store and kicks the tires on a Unifence.
The Bies is no frills, but no spills either.