Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Huge changes in eBay feedback

"Ignoramus6796" wrote

What is your overall opinion/experience of Ebay?

First transaction, April 1, 2002. Was seller for years, and Power Seller
for many months of those years. Made a lot of money on ebay. Bought a lot
of good stuff on ebay. Sold a lot of things for good money on ebay that I
would have given away for a dollar or less at a yard sale.

And then it changed. More than half BIN. Lousy supervision of buyers and
sellers, even when there was solid proof.

And then I quit doing it, both buying and selling, as I had an industrial
injury, retired from work, moved, and got involved in some home projects.

Bottom line, it's not what it used to be. They don't do enough about EITHER
bad buyers or bad sellers. They had a "We don't give a **** attitude
because we don't have to". And they meant it. Now it has come back to bite
them on the ass.

Had they been stricter on some of the things that went on, I believe they'd
be cruising like they were when they were on top. Now, it would take a long
time for the public to trust them again. Their customer service was
laughable. It took outside suits such as the Tiffany thing to get them to
move at all. Lots of people lost lots of money where they shouldn't have.
In this newsgroup, there were hundreds of posts about look out for this one
and that one. Ebay had to know about it.

But still, you can get deals there, and sell stuff that you'd otherwise give
away.

Nothing lasts forever.

Steve