Posted to uk.d-i-y
Barry Smith Barry Smith is offline

Default Big masonry drill bits (not SDS)

In message
Chris J Dixon wrote:

wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if a Chinese 1 metre 25 mm SDS bit and a basic
drill
for maybe £50 was cheaper than a "western" plain drill on its own

I bought a screwfix 1m 25mm for £25 when they were doing them cheap -
fine in brickwork.

The tool stall on the local market usually has a few very large
drills at surprisingly low cost. I have so far resisted the urge
to get one "just in case". The ones which are simply large have
proved worth having.

Thanks. That's a good suggestion. I would imagine P&P on a 25mm x
300mm bit won't be cheap, so even if the cost locally is more, the
total cost might not be more.

Barry