Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Washing Machine Drain Tray installation

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 04:24:37 -0800 (PST), hobbes
wrote:

Hi,

I have a washing machine that sits on one of those drain trays which
collects water in case the machine floods and diverts it down an
"Emergency" pipe.

The drain tray has a crack and I want to put a new one in. My question
is how do I lift this heavy machine up and over the lip of the tray
which is about two inches tall? The tray is sorf of light plastic and
I think will nto take that much bashing.

Is this just a matter of getting some really big guys and moving the
machine, or is there some trick to it?

best, Mike.

Probably the easiest is to get two strong men. Or, just reverse the
procedure used to put the machine in the tray.