Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default New Nova will be here tonight!

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:02:00 GMT, "George" wrote:

You won't need to have both ends open for work with this one. The factory
stand is double-splayed, though, and will have a pretty big footprint.
Bernie made his tin stand more rigide by plywooding. Might want to take a
look. http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/

I built my stand to minimize footprint and maximize stability. Got your
chuck adapters in the shipment?

The stand is HUGE.. I think they might have sent one for extended bed or
something..
The stance is the same or less than the iron legs on the Jet, but it's 2 feet
longer than the lathe...
It does seem very stable, though.. something that I wasn't expecting..

I got the spindle adapter a week ago..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing