Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default Compound angle Box Joint

On Jan 29, 1:08*am, Snog wrote:
Wow guys Thanks for the advice - I will be using the Table saw and
"keep going until you
get it the way you want" as JT said. This is to be a tray as gift for
a doctor that did a good job on me with some router inlay in the
middle.
One thing I figgerd out is that the Saw Blade needs to be
tilted...anyone agree?
Thanks Snogger

Tilting the blade will achieve the goal of getting the pins to line up
with the grain. However, I think it will cause other alignment issues
that I can visualize but can't articulate very well. The top of your
cut won't be parallel to the end of the workpiece that's on the
table. Try it.

If all else fails, I know this will work:
1. Blade at 90 degrees to Table.
2. Miter gage at 90 degrees to blade.
3. Workpiece flat against the face of the miter gage (not tilted
front to back).
4. Workpiece tilted side-to-side so that the angled end of workpiece
is flat on the table.

Please report back.

DonkeyHody
"I'd rather expect the best of people and be wrong than expect the
worst and be right."