Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Blowtorch

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

BTW, 'Teleprompter' is a tradmark.

OK What is the generic term or are they the only one
in the business?
...lew...

There was at least one other company, but the 'talking heads' still
called them a teleprompter, because of their limited neurons. they
couldn't be bother with learning anything about the equipment or people
who put their faces into people's homes.

I haven't seen one in almost 20 years now, and haven't kept up on the
TV broadcast business. You could ask on
news:sci.engr.television.broadcast if you're really interested. The
last station I built didn't have any studio equipment in place when I
finished installing their transmitter. That was Ch 58, in Destin,
Florida. The call letters at that time were WRMX, for "Wendal Rowan
Ministries". It was a 1952 RCA TTU-25B transmitter, built with lots of
aluminum, stainless and chrome. 2" copper pipe for the cooling system,
and a huge water chiller with a 480 Volt, 3 Phase motor. Old Fairbanks
Morse cooling pumps to circulate the water, and some nice 30A 10 KV
armored cable that ran from the plate transformers to the thyratron
cabinet.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell