Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rewiring A 3-way Switched Outlet

On Jan 28, 10:27�pm, "Don Young" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I have a 1950's house with an outlet in the living room that is
controlled by two 3-way switches. �I would like to make this outlet
"always hot".

Here's the setup:

One 3-way switch for the outlet is housed in a triple-wide box with
two other 3 switches that control the 1st & 2nd floor landing lights.
The other 3-way switch is housed in a double wide box with a SPST for
a kitchen light.

The outlet (1st floor), the kitchen light (1st floor) and the 2nd
floor landing light are on one circuit. The 1st floor landing light is
on a different circuit (a 2nd floor circuit). Both of these circuits
share one neutral.

I know how the 3-way switches are wired, so I know I could simply move
some wires between terminals to make the outlet always hot, (which I
won't do!) �but I'd really like to know the "proper" way to do it.