Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFI for whirlpool tub

On Jan 29, 7:10*am, "RBM" wrote:
Yes you can. Run the two circuits to the location under the tub where the
support equipment is located and install a large deep two gang box with two
GFCI outlets in it , one for the pump and one for the heater

wrote in message

I am installing a whirlpool bathtub.The instructions say I have to
plug the pump into a 15a 110v seperate circuit protected with GFCI,
and the heater into a 15a 110v seperate circuit protected with gfci.I
take it I have to run wires to my main service box.I notice that gfci
circuit breakers are very expensive.Can I just install regular circuit
breakers and hook them up to gfci sockets by my bathtub.
Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Isn;t there something in the code that says permanently mounted
equipment can't be on a plug/cord/outlet arrangement? And doesn't
that apply here?