Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default New Nova will be here tonight!

"mac davis" wrote in message
I got a call this morning from a friend in the States... He picked up my
lathe
at Woodcraft in Sacramento and is on his way down!!

My wife and I spend all day rearranging the shop...
Put a lot of non-shop stuff away, made other stuff more compact, even
turned her
"break area" into a work station for her wood burning..

The ol' Jet is 4 feet closer to a wall now and there's a huge open space
near a
220v outlet for the Nova XP..
Life is GOOD!

You won't need to have both ends open for work with this one. The factory
stand is double-splayed, though, and will have a pretty big footprint.
Bernie made his tin stand more rigide by plywooding. Might want to take a
look. http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/

I built my stand to minimize footprint and maximize stability. Got your
chuck adapters in the shipment?