Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Matt is offline

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 10:33:46 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

Other arguments that ministers will advance this week are as flawed
as their economics. We will be told that we need the atom to avoid
dangerous dependency on overseas energy – especially Russian gas.
But analysis done for the Government's energy White Paper shows that
by 2020 – the earliest any new reactor could come online – gas
supplies will be more, not less secure, coming from a diversity of
countries.

Bull****, the only secure supplies are those within your own control.
The UK is, as a result of the dip**** four - Thatcher, Parkinson,
Walker and Wakeham forever ****ed in that regard.

And as most gas is used in industrial processes and
heating homes, nuclear power – which produces only electricity – can
do little to replace it.

More bull****, there are very few industrial processes that expressly
require natural gas.