Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Condensation, or water leak?

Phil L wrote:

A.Lee wrote:
I had to visit a house today, as they had a water leak. Or rather,
their downstairs toilet keeps getting wet.

Where can the water be condensing from for it to be condensation? - the
ceiling fungus alone is an obvious sign of water penetration....if the bog
isn't very big, it may be easier and cheaper to pull down the cieling in
there and replace that rather than mangle a good floor upstairs.

Well, yes, I was going to pull down the ceiling to have a look, but I
need the owners go-ahead before I can do that.
I was pretty sure it was a leak, but had no way of finding out, as any
leak would be in the floor/ceiling void.
I do agree with you about the flooring - I wont be putting any more
laminate down in my house - I found out the hard way, needed a new TV
aerial plug in the bedroom, and of course, the cable runs in the void,
so no access to get at it under the laminate.
Alan.