Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Verdon Pete Verdon is offline

Default Trouble finding a warranty for my selfbuild extension!

wrote:

The only documents that you will have to supply on any sale is a copy
of the planning permission and a building regulation completion
certificate. It is not a legal requirement to have any structural
warranty for an extension.

Thanks Geoff. That seems to tally with replies I'm getting on other
forums. I do wonder though if the buyers will have any difficulty in
getting buildings insurance, and hence pull out of the sale,

I've just (well, September) bought a house with a fair-sized extension.
Apart from checking there was a completion certificate and planning
permission, I didn't worry any more about that part of the house than
any other. I'll admit that it didn't even occur to me to tell my
buildings insurer, but then again if they'd asked I would have said -
since they didn't ask I can only assume that they don't care and don't
need me to contact them about it off my own bat.

Pete