Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Stealing satellite

Larry Bud wrote in
:

As I said previously,they ALREADY are putting their satellite signal
into my home;It's paid for regardless whether I rent one of their
decoder boxes. My providing my own decoder does not increase their
costs in any way.

Since when is their cost the determining factor of whether or not
their property is being stolen? It's theft because there is
damage. I know there is damage because if everyone stole their
signal, they would go out of business.

It's NOT "stealing their signal",as they broadcast their signal into
EVERYONE'S homes regardless of whether they want it or not.

They have already GIVEN me that signal.It washes down upon my house like
sunlight,freely.
All I have to do to use it is decode it.
Where they make their money is renting decoders.
If I have my own,I don't need to rent from them.

(that's why they make it so hard to decode their signals,so everybody CAN'T
do it.And not everybody would,for a number of reasons.)

It's no different than charging me for sunlight.

Obviously, the difference is that the sat company doesn't own the
sun. But at least even you recognized above that it's THEIR satellite
signal.

Not after they broadcast it everywhere.(like sunlight)
At least Cable pipes their signals through a wire to those who order it,and
illegal users have to tap into the cable company's actual property to steal
it.(and that tapping process has measureable,definite negative effects
[real damage] on the company's property,also some hazard.)
Like I said,a BIG difference.

As I said before,if a company mails you their product unrequested,you are
not obligated to pay for it.If it's in another language,you still don't
have to pay for it after you translate it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik