Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Back to school...NOT!!!

"Bill" wrote in message
7.142...
Well, I was signed up for the machine shop class at the local college but
only 3 people signed up and I got a message on Friday, today would have
been the first class, telling me that the class had been canceled due to
low enrollement. I called and left a message with the person who called me
wanting to know how many people must be signed up to have the class
actually start. I also asked when the last time the class was actually
taught. Really ****ed that I can't start tonight and had a thought that
perhaps the class has never been taught or at least not in a while.
Wouldn't suprise me if they require 90 or 100 percent of enrollement to
start a class and I'll bet they get some kind of funds if they have said
class on the books from the state or feds even if it isn't taught. Maybe
it's a requirement in a total funding package that it has to be at least
offered even if it is not taught. I'll not hold my breath on getting a
return call.

REALLY ****ED... I was looking forward to getting into a structured
learning environment again, especially in metalworking....

Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion and I'll find out that the summer
one usually runs but again, I'll not hold my breath.

Wish I could find a retired machinist with a shop locally I could pay to
teach me some stuff.....

Bill

P.S. I also loved the fact that my 'refund' will take 3 or 4 weeks to get
back to me even though I paid with a Credit Card which was charged the day
I enrolled. Wonder if I can charge them the interest.....

This class starts as soon as you get here. I have a spare bedroom and your room
and board are included in your tuition. By the time you turn, mill, drill, tap,
thread, grind, weld and assemble all the parts in my class, you will be an
expert. Visa/MasterCard accepted!