Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ...one for the sparkies

PCPaul wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:23:38 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Si wrote:
In message , mark
writes

http://www.glumbert.com/media/highpower

Am I the only person who thinks that's clearly CGI ?

I think its for real, but whether the cables are on, and whether you can
do more than make a cursory inspection, if they are , is a moot point.

The arc drawn looks clearly DC...sort of what might be left on a 132KV
line if the contactors flipped out.

Just for reference...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXiOQCRiSp0

Thiose isolators are NEVER opened under load though. They have oil
filled contactors to actually break the circuits. Those are
isolators..thats just redsidual cable capaitance being broken.