Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar Panal info req for domestic use

David Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:12:02 GMT someone who may be Mike Scott
wrote this:-

But out of curiosity, what happened to all the research into fusion
reactors? Anyone else remember ZETA?

Historically such research has always been close enough to producing
usable machines not to cut off funding, but not close enough for
questions to be asked about when the breakthrough will be made.

I haven't noticed anything which changes that.

I think however in real terms real progress has been made.

But the size of the problem has become perceptibly greater as well.

Instead ofg how dp we contain a small H bomb, its now a series of
smaller priblems that are just as horrendous. It ca be contained, by
magnets. But its unstable. We can get stability if we find the right
shape and feedback. etc.

One is almost tempted to sy 'why not stick an H-bomb underground, and
then tap of the heat for a year, and then set of another one'

;-)